About Me

This is just a fraction of the world.

Pages

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

I recognise that this is cheating. I’m posting about a country that I spent all of four hours in, but my brief sojourn in Dubai involved a bomb scare/explosion* a sandstorm and an awkward encounter with a burqa. So I feel I’ve experienced pretty much all the Arab world has to offer. 
#politicalcorrectness #totallyjokingguys

Here, have some dust-riddled photos from out the plane window:







In other exotic news, I managed to spill my ‘salmon in tomato chutney’ lunch all over my crotch shortly after take-off. I spent the next hour trying to surreptitiously wipe up the mess with the wet wipes I had hoarded from my earlier flight to Kuala Lumpur (see, I knew they would come in handy!). So all in all it was a pretty glamorous journey to Düsseldorf...


*couldn’t tell you which cause I hadn’t slept in about 30 hours by this point and my Arabic is pretty rusty. Besides it happened the other end of the hu-freaking-mongous airport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment