About Me

This is just a fraction of the world.

Pages

Dam Gurl



Geodendag iedereen.
Now residing in the lovely city of Amsterdam where I’ll be hanging out for the next five to six months. I still feel a little numb, though that could be due to the climate; the past four days have been hectic to say the least. I’ve had my introduction program for exchange students of the UvA, Universiteit van Amsterdam, which has involved speed-date-esque friend making, spectacularly irrelevant activities like a trip to the zoo (pictures below) and parties...lots and lots of hilarious international parties (no pictures from the parties because I didn’t want to be ‘that girl’ with the camera. Besides an Austrian might’ve projectile vomited beer all over it).

Without getting all existential on you, I feel a little bit like a toddler again. Nobody knows me and I haven’t got an ID card, a bank account, any means of transport, bed sheets or food. I don’t speak the language and I’m perpetually lost. I’m a little, snow-battered person in a giant (well it feels giant), beautiful, city. It's terrifyingly fantastic. I could literally just disappear into the city without a trace.

By the same token I cannot wait until I have a free day to go to IKEA/ Waterlooplein (the flee markets where you buy old bikes)/ the supermarket and set myself up here.. Uni begins tomorrow.

Below are some photos I managed to take in-between periods of bewilderment.


Grachtengordel West (Western canal belt)


Red-ruffed lemur at the Amsterdam Artis Zoo. It literally dropped out of an overhead tree and posed like this for me. I patted him so good.

Oh good- that clarifies that then.



 heh.






No comments:

Post a Comment